Sunday, January 2, 2011

Spring 2011

I went to the local bookstore today and absorbed every page of Marie Claire and Harpers Bazaar both of which featured the amazing looks for Spring 2011 rtw (ready to wear.)  Though blogs are a great source of fashion inspiration, I still love magazines.  Both of these magazines today made me so excited and very inspired to make my own looks.  I am planning on sewing something today inspired by the bright colors and stripes, with a 1970's flair which is coming in Spring 2011.  You will have to wait to see more.  Fashion makes me so excited every season it is almost pathetic!  Here are some photos that are great inspiration for the approaching season.
This dress is so much fun by Marc Jacobs.  I love the bright colored stripes.  I wish I could find the outfit that the model is wearing in the background that looks adorable too.

I like the abstract feel to this dress and the placement of the lines are so great.
This dress is by Prabal Gurung.

 Ethnic prints are also coming, especially in Gwen Stefani's L.A.M.B. line.
I am such a big fan of Gwen in music and fashion, she is just awesome at life in general.

DENIM!!!  This is casual, comfortable, sexy and very seventies.
Amazing look by Elie Tahari.

I find this look to be aesthetically pleasing as I can not stop looking at the color combination, it is interesting yet chic.  Look by Proenza Schouler's.

 Once again I find the color combination in this outfit allows it to be so interesting.  I love the blocks of color on the outfit, from the outline of the blazer to the collar on the shirt.  Look by Peter Som.

No comments:

Post a Comment