Monday, March 7, 2011

1930's Fashion and Music

Today as I slipped on a pair of blue rubber gloves that went to my elbows, I was reminded how I used to pretend that I was Cinderella.  I would pretend that I had to finish cleaning in a timely manner in order to attend the ball.  Having these memories in my mind as I prepared to clean my bathroom, I felt the sudden urge to listen to old time music. (Yes I know Cinderella has nothing to do with old music.)  I found a station on pandora radio for big band and was satisfied.  I then began to think of how much I love big band music of the 1930's specifically, and of course the fashion of the 1930's.  I am partial to listening to Benny Goodman, as a clarinet player myself, I have a big appreciation for his incredible sound quality and amazing talent on the instrument.  (It is also a good idea to listen to Benny Goodman as you look at the pictures, it sets the mood.)  Hope you enjoy!



Kestos womens Lingerie
Dancers
McCalls sewing patterns


Hairstyles

Hats from late 20's to 30's

No comments:

Post a Comment