Sunday, March 6, 2011

John Galliano

I guess I do not have much to say because I do not know what to say.  I am lost through several stories that I have read in different websites all of which express different views.  Many of you may already know, as of March 1, 2011, John Galliano was fired from the fashion house Christian Dior due to alleged anti semetic comments the designer said towards a group of Italian women in a cafe.  I am so saddened and dissapointed that these events have occurred as I find so much inspiration through John Galliano and the way that he presents himself through his work.  He is so talented.  He begins his trial before June and could possibly face six months in jail.  Christian Dior's line will continue as John Galliano only owned a small percentage of the house.  Though I believe that it will be missing the strong vision and eccentric feel that Mr. Galliano himself brought to the collections.  I do hope that an apology is in order for those who were affected by these comments.  Let me know how you feel on this controversy, I love to hear feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment