Saturday, March 12, 2011

Jean-Charles de Castelbajac

The fashion weeks are over, I am aware of that.  I always continue to see what new lines that I missed.  Tonight flipping through all of the online look-books, I discovered Jean-Charles de Castelbajac who's line exudes a beautiful abstract blast from the past with his inspiration being Man Ray photography.  The clothes have a feel of old, dark romanticism and I absolutely love it.  The collection began with a few outfits that were inspired by 101 Dalmatians, which caused some reviewers to be apprehensive as to what they were going to see next.  I have to be the one to admit that I liked them, though I understand the apprehensive as it did not fit in with the higher fashion and art feel of the line.  Overall this line is simply beautiful, and is sure to be a favorite for one front row beauty, Katy Perry.  Hope you enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment