Thursday, December 16, 2010

Fashion Forecast

     In my true Emily form, I always have to be prepared and know what to expect for an upcoming season of fashion.  I am aware that we are currently living in fall/winter 2010, but the fashion world is already preparing for fall/winter 2011.  I was pleased to see a preview of some of the major label collections of style.com.  So if you are like me and just can't wait, I will try and summarize the major trends to the best of my ability.  First of all the color palette, I found to be absolutely exquisite.  Many of the collections consist of anywhere from deep to a bright royal blue, deep reds, a lot of black, and even hints of gold which is more evident in the Chanel collection... which is gorgeous.  
     There is an almost overwhelming amount of stripes in all different sizes, yet they are mainly vertical.  This sorta bums me out as stripes do not look good on a short curvaceous figure, but I still think stripes are fabulous especially in the way Michael Kors and Zac Posen did them.  I also found that there was many pleats in all directions, particularly knife pleats that were sewn to perfection!  Along with pleats, many items were gathered in a very body conscious way that accentuates ones figure.  Then I found fur... which yes i just wrote about as it is in style now for fall/winter 2010.  This allows me to believe that some fur items are a good investment.  Though the fur that was found in these collections were a little more refined than this season.  
     For shoes, if you are looking to invest in a good in style pair of shoes, go for the strappy not the shooties (strappy booties).  As for make-up, many collections had models with very thick dark eyeshadow done in a very modern, sexy way.  I can dig it.  Like I said that is just a summary to the best of my ability.  If you would like to look for yourself go to....www.style.com.  There are just to many pictures that I would want to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment