Friday, December 17, 2010

Bows!

At the young age of five, I recall making my first sketch book out of construction paper.  I loved to draw dresses more than anything.  The funny thing about every dress that I drew, was that each had a massive bow placed either around the waist or on the head of my drawing.  I have always loved bows!  I was thrilled in 2008 when many bows began appearing in high fashion, then headbands came out with massive bows on them.  I was so excited!  I actually thought that bows were currently out of style in more recent runway shows, but with some research, it seems that bows have never left.  This time they are a little more subdued like as Reese Witherspoon, Lilly Allen, Christina Aguilera, and Mandy Moore are displaying upon their persons below.



Bows on headbands still seem to showing up only they are larger.  Which is fine with me. This bow headband below is one of my favorites. 


Told you they are getting larger, but still i think that it is so much fun, it is the ultimate girl accessory.

I like this bow as it almost follows the new trend of the turban style.  It is much more subdued to the major statement pieces like the bow headband above.

Believe me, I know I can't talk about bows without posting a picture of Lady Gaga, who I believe is encouraging this awesome trend.
I really wish I knew how to do my hair like this.  I am not sure that I could pull it off quite like Lady Gaga though.  She is my fashion hero.  I am starting to get a wee bit pathetic.  Moving on...
This dress below is by Betsey Johnson the queen of girly fashion!  I found a blue dress like this at a boutique that used to be open near where I live.  I tried it on and I fell in love, but not so much with the price.  I still think of it though every time I see a bow.
If you have an obsession with bows, please send me a picture at EmRaeFashionista@gmail.com!  I would love to post some inspiration from the everyday fashionista!!

No comments:

Post a Comment