Friday, July 15, 2011

Fabric shopping/Feather Fashion Trend

Well, I had a bit of writers block yesterday, I wanted to write it just did not come easily or make much sense.  Today, however, is a new day and writers block is no longer.  I had such a wonderful day as I went fabric shopping for fabric (obviously) to make my bridesmaid dress for my sisters wedding in November.  Mary Jo's is where I went; it is a warehouse styled building with so many wonderful fabrics, for the most amazing prices.  There was a whole row of chiffon, charmeuse, silks, and so much more.  I pretty much just touched every fabric, like a child would, in order to find the most fluent moving fabrics.  I was like a kid in a candy store!  Best day!

On to fashion news!  The trend that has several people visiting my website is feathers, whether it is hair extensions or actual clothes.  I have also noticed how expensive feathered products are rising in price even feather boas.  This is madness and a weird trend, yet I find myself seeking out feathered products at stores.  If you are looking to take part in the trend, then here are some ideas.

 Topshop

Forever 21

Urban Outfitters


High Fashion Feather Inspiration

Chanel Vintage Couture

Alexander McQueen Spring 2011 

Alexis Mabille Fall 2011 Couture

Giambattista Valli Fall 2011 Couture

Jean Paul Gaultier Fall 2011 Couture







No comments:

Post a Comment