Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Christian Dior Couture 2011

Perhaps it is the show, the color, the detail, or the pure innovation that Christian Dior brings to the couture scene every season, that always makes me want more.  This season as John Galliano has missed his first season for the Christian Dior couture line; Bill Gaytten has taken over, after years of being the go to man under Galliano.  Gaytten, who so far seems to have nearly the same aesthetic as Galliano himself, definitly delivered the drama and show that the Christian Dior fans would expect, with the help of the usual names that are associated with the line, including Stephen Jones.  I do not think that I could ever not love a Christian Dior line.  This line, reminds me of the 80's a bit with all the geometric shapes, pastel colors, and volumtious skirts, and shirts.  Of course, I find myself also wanting one of those hats, I am not sure where I would wear it, but still.  I am also quite amazed that I like this line as I find it to be a pet peeve when seams are not finished, meaning they are left raw and could possibly fray.  Though the seams that are not finished in this line are exactly what I love.  The clothes are just flawless in construction, execution, detail, and the insane amount of texture.  Seriously, what is not to love?  Reminds me of the reason why I first fell in love with fashion when I was young.  As always there is more pictures and expert reviews on all style.com.
















No comments:

Post a Comment