Sunday, September 11, 2011

9-11-2001

I can remember being in fifth grade 10 years ago and suddenly having my lunch interrupted as my teacher said we had to go back to class early.  When we arrived back at class, my teacher had told us there had been a terrorist attack in New York City.  Not knowing what a terrorist attack was, I was not scared, until she continued.  She told us that two planes had flown into the World Trade Center.  Later when I got home, I remember watching the news and seeing the video of the planes flying into the buildings, then the buildings collapsing.  I was shocked and scared.  I love my country and am so proud to be an American.  I remember how I loved watching the American people come together for each other and our country at such a hard time, and continue to do so every year.  My heart and prayers go out to all of those people who lost there lives and their families.  God Bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment