Friday, October 14, 2011

Tracy Reese "Holiday 2011"

     I am off tomorrow which is Saturday! Okay technically it will be Saturday in like 20 minutes but, whatever.  I am planning on finishing sewing my bridesmaid dress, which was supposed to be done by now, but with school and work in the way it has been very impossible to finish.  Now I finally have a chance to finish and promise to share pictures soon, possibly after the wedding which is November 5.  I also wanted to thank everyone for following my blog, it really does mean a lot to me.  I love having a blog, it gives me something positive to look forward to everyday.  I also love getting comments, so always feel free to leave some or even suggestions of what you would like to see more of on my blog.
     In the fashion world, nylon magazine always does the best dressed segment (one of my favorite things); this week Taylor Swift was featured wearing a Tracy Reese dress.  I have not heard of Tracy Reese but instantly fell in love with the dark yet romantic feel of this dress, it is a bit gothic.  Nylon Magazine said the dress has a "hint of Katerina Van Pelt from Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow."   (I thought it was Katerina Van Tassel, but whatever.)  I love this movie so much though, and I think they made the perfect reference.
     Now I just had to find out more about this Tracy Reese who designed this gorgeous dress.  If you are just as curious as I, then this particular dress is from her "Holiday 2011" collection.  This whole line is really pretty but the last 17 pieces which are all black and white are simply gorgeous.  Many of the last items have the same dark romantic feel to them.  Unfortunately, I can not find pictures that are a available so you can visit her site which is tracyreese.com, the link will take you straight to the "Holiday 2011" collection.

2 comments:

  1. Taylor is wearing such a pretty dress!

    Emma x
    http://beautyandrags.blogspot.com/

    Halloween GIVEAWAY! http://beautyandrags.blogspot.com/2011/10/spooky-give-away_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I love the darker romantic look on her.

    ReplyDelete