Saturday, June 4, 2011

Maxi Skirt - Wear it or tear it?

To ensure that I live today to the fullest before I have to work, I decided to go upstairs to my sewing corner and play.  Sewing for me is playing, I love it and I do not think that I could ever get tired of playing with fabric.  My big blue crate is filled to the top with old clothing a fabric scraps.  At the top of the pile I saw my blue maxi skirt that needs a bit of an adjustment to have a better fit.  Then after digging about two inches down found striped one sleeve top that I made last summer from the bottom of a gap dress that I bought in 2003.  It was a perfect match.  I thought that the two pieces together make a rather interesting statement.  I also paired it with a pink belt that a friend from work gave me.  Stripes do not look good on me, nor do maxi skirts, and I have no one else to model, but you still get the point of the outfit.  I like how it is a bit chic with a circus flair.  What do you think?  Would you wear it or tear it? (Yes, keep it, or tear it up and make something new.)





No comments:

Post a Comment