Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Number 1-Clean up and Organize Fabric

The first thing I had to accomplish this week on my list of things to do is to organize and clean up all of my fabric.  I always forget how much I have.  It is always a challenge to create something out of it as most of it is just scraps.  I think I may try to see what I can make with what I have and see if somehow I could piece it together to make some sort of recycled collection.  I also have a ton of old polo's from my Dad that would make cute little dresses.  I was going to post about my progress yesterday, but as of this morning I have just finished.  Yes, it did take a little longer than I had planned but it was totally worth it.  A clean sewing area is a happy and inspiring sewing area.  Here are some pictures of this frightening organization project.  (The images below may cause nightmares.)
-Only one of the several large piles of fabric to be organized.
 -More piles of fabric....
 -Yes, this is a messy work area.
 -Seriously....there is more piles of fabric.....
 -I came home from work and realized there was still a big mess in my room.  I finished cleaning it up with my friend Bailey....Bailey's Irish Cream that is.  My bed looks so comfortable and alluring in the background.
 -Some Norah Jones late at night with Bailey's, you can't beat it.
 -I love these fabric combinations below.

 -SUCCESS!  It still looks cluttered a little, but believe me, this is as good as it gets.
 -My clean table :D



No comments:

Post a Comment