Sunday, March 4, 2012

Playing with Muslin

Finally, my spring break has arrived.  I am just so happy to have a break from school.  Though, I do have homework which I am currently avoiding in order to have a true relaxing day off.  I had a chance this afternoon to play with muslin.  I am taking a draping class and just decided to see what I could come up with on my dress form.  The result is unfinished, but I actually like the shape of this shirt.  It is a little structured but not so much that it is stiff.  It will have some flow depending on the fabric it is made with.  For those of you who do not know what muslin is, it is a thin fabric that is used in draping, which is a process of creating a pattern.  It is easy to work with, manipulate and definitely a key to success in the design process.  Would you wear a shirt like this?  Like I said it is roughly put together, but enough to get the idea.
-This is the front.
-The pleats are on the side and go to about the mid back.  (Ignore all of the pins, and the badly cut shoulder seam.)
-Here is another side view.



No comments:

Post a Comment