Monday, July 23, 2012

Clutches from Old Vinyl Signs

This is the fun project I have been working on.  At my job we change advertising signs every three months and throw out the old vinyl signs for the new.  This past sign switch, I suggested they would be fun to make something out of.  My manager was more than willing to give them to me so she would not have to throw them out.  I went home and created a big beach bag and (my favorite) a clutch with a gold chain which can be tucked inside if I want to wear it as a clutch.  I then wore the bag to work and got a few orders for the bag from my co-workers.  I have been busy designing, sewing and just seeing what I can come up with.  I never realized how tricky it can be to sew vinyl.  I love a challenge though and it has been interesting to see what solutions I have been able to come up with.  I hope you like them and there will be plenty more to share with all of you in the future, especially since many of these are still being finished with the little details like buttons and straps.
 -Sewing the velcro closure...
 -More work with the velcro...

 -A short carrot cake and coffee break.
 -Got to love the little sleepy doggie, Sophie.

 -The beach bag...

 -A clutch, do you like this button?
 -This button...
 -This button...
 -This bow....
 -Or this gold button?
-This is my finished pineapple clutch.
 -This picture does not have the gold button on it, but shows how large it is.  I love my big bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment