Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hot Pink Vintage Styled Dress: Made/ Designed by Me

I figured there is no better time for a big reveal than now.  Here is my final project for my draping class.  While there are several things I would have done differently and there are little things that need to be tweaked, I actually like how the dress turned out.  Personally, I think the dress looks fine without the added roping detail at the bottom, but I had to add some sort of design to the skirt because it was required.  I got a pretty good grade and had a successful presentation, so I am happy.  Please let me know what you think.  I love the good and bad comments (believe me I can take it)!
** Note that my dress-form is not the same size as what I fitted the dress for, so that is why it is a little bit off.**
In Process...


-I started hand sewing all of the rope onto the skirt and snapped a needle with my bare hands. I guess I do not know my own strength.
-A little thumbs-up for my personal encouragement.
-The underskirt; I was happy with how it turned out.  I wore it around the house for most of the day, just for fun.
-Before the rope...
-Finished...


No comments:

Post a Comment